# 1 Rated Air Purifier
- A HealthPro® air purifier from the IQAir Group (Switzerland) can help to protect your health from harmful airborne contaminants in your home or at work.
- Many ordinary HEPA air purifiers on the market can filter out some airborne contaminants, however, they are not effective at removing tiny ultra-fine particles, which are the most harmful to your health.
- Up to 90% of all the airborne contaminants we breathe consist of ultra-fine particles. These ultra-fine particles can include cigarette smoke, dust, pet dander, pollution particles, bacteria and viruses.
- Ordinary HEPA filters can only filter particles of 0.3 microns or larger, however, IQAir’s HyperHEPA® filtration is tested and certified to filter particles down to 0.003 microns. This is 10x smaller than a virus and 100X smaller than particles that can be filtered with ordinary HEPA filters.
- Many ordinary HEPA filters claim filter efficiency of 99.97% for particles of 0.3 micron or larger, however, this only applies to the efficiency of the filters and not the Total System Efficiency (TSE). Many times the Total System Efficiency of these systems are closer to 50% due to air leakage. IQAir always refer to Total System Efficiency, which is tested and certified at 99.5% for particles down to 0.003 microns in size and 99.97% for particles down to 0.3 microns in size.
- IQAir HyperHEPA® filters have been type-tested and classified in accordance with the world’s most stringent HEPA filter test: EN 1822. The test shows that IQAir’s HEPA filter not only meets the HEPA standard, but that it exceeds it.
IQAir has a history going back to 1963 and specialises in technology solutions that help protect people from airborne pollutants. IQAir has received numerous awards for its air purifiers and air filters. IQAir also engages in international projects that create ultra-clean living and working environments.
Air Pollution and its Effect on Health
- According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) the levels of air pollution in South Africa are below internationally accepted standards, with coal fired power plants a major cause of the problem.
- New research has shown that the Witbank area in Mpumalanga has the dirtiest air in the world. The Vaal Triangle, the Highveld, Waterberg and south Durban are home to numerous coal, iron, steel and petrochemicals plants, and the source of some of the most polluted air in South Africa.
- Not only will industrial air pollution affect indoor air quality but also many other pollutants such as pollen, spores, dust mites, microorganisms, pet allergens, dander, tobacco smoke, volatile organic compounds (gaseous chemicals), smog, ozone, cleaning products, sprays, solvents, paints, varnishes & adhesives. These pollutants can have various short-term and long-term effects on health.
- Studies have shown that indoor air often contains much more pollutants than outdoor air. We spend on average 22 hours a day indoors either at work, at school or at home. 91% of the air we breathe every day comes from the indoors.
The stated filter efficiency for most air purifiers is purely theoretical due to the fact that internal leakage drastically reduces the filter efficiency. HealthPro® Series air purifiers use patented triple-seal technology to eliminate leakage.
Advanced Fan Technology
The advanced fan design, which incorporates steel ball bearings and eight shock absorbers produces the most air movement with the least noise than any other compact air purifier on the market.
Advanced HyperHEPA® Filtration
The particulate filters fitted on the HealthPro® Series air purifiers will remove ultra-fine particles down to 0.003 microns (10x smaller than a virus). This is 100 times smaller compared to ordinary HEPA filters, which only removes particles down to 0.3 microns.
IQAir’s HyperHEPA® filtration efficiency is tested and certified by an independent laboratory. All HealthPro® Series air purifiers are factory tested and certified to meet their stringent standards and specifications.
Each HealthPro® Series air purifier comes with a sleek handheld remote control, which makes it easy to operate remotely.
– Six fan speeds
– Automatic day/night timer
– Filter-life monitor
All HealthPro® Series air purifiers come with a built in guide handle on top and castor wheels on the bottom, which makes it very simple and easy to move your HealthPro® air purifier around.
100% Safe Technology
IQ Air purifiers don’t use any chemicals, ions, ozone or ultra violet to treat the air.
3 Year Warranty for your HealthPro® Air Purifier
The IQAir Group guarantees that all HealthPro® Series air purifiers are free from defects, or they will replace or repair all defects for free. Find out more
As per our dealer agreement with the IQAir Group, we can only sell and ship products within the borders of South Africa.